The Bottom Line
This book features full-color charts for all of the projects shown, along with color keys for each chart. While each project is rich in detail, they are not out of reach for the beginning needlepointer.
- Easy to read full-color charts of all designs.
- Beautiful photos of finished projects in real-life settings.
- Conversions charts for manufacturers other than Appleton and Paternayan would have been useful.
- Hardcover, 128 pages
- Full color, English language
- Published by David & Charles Publishers, May 2000, ISBN:0715309609
Guide Review - Beth Russel's Traditional Needlepoint Book Review
Beth Russel is one of the most popular and prolific needlepoint designers, and is the founder and Manager of the Designers Forum of London. She grew up in South Wales and was influenced by the myraid of historical designs she encountered. Her designs are often based on or by inspired well-known artists such as William Morris and Willian DeMorgan.